Site updated 24/08/16 9am:
– it officially opens on September 10 and 11 around the province, although some club’s may open later;
– there are clubs from Awakino in the north to Patea in the south, with many in between;
– the first centre events are the Open Singles (Brebner Print men October 22-24 and TSB Bank women October 29-31) – refer to the Programme tab for the full listing;
– Taranaki will host the Bowls NZ Nationals from December 29 until January 8 (to enter go to http://www.bowlsnz.co.nz/Event?Action=View&Event_id=234);
– the Revital Fertiliser Taranaki representative teams early season action sees the senior women take on Kapiti on September 25, while both the junior teams compete in the central region hexagonal on October 1-2. Faye Hopkins remains the women’s selector, with Dennis Osborne and Alex McKay the men’s selectors;
To be the sport for all ages and abilities.
Bowls Taranaki Incorporated is
The Administrative body for the 23 Men’s and Women’s Bowling Clubs in the Taranaki Province from Patea in the South to Opunake in the West to Awakino in the North with a total membership of 1,320.
Bowls Taranaki organises and controls Open Tournaments, Representative, Champion of Champions, InterClub and InterCentre Events.
Current staff and contact information is:
- Mr Neville Elliott – Executive Officer Ph 06 757 8000
- Mr Peter White – President Ph 06 752 2729
- Mrs Kristin Stampa – Vice President Ph 06 272 6804
- Mr Brien Bennett – Chairman Ph 06 753 3836
Mates in Bowls is an enjoyable, accessible and fun way to play bowls running over 4-6 weeks in bowling clubs across Taranaki. Refer to our Club Directory page, for details on local clubs running Mates in Bowls and Business House Bowls in 2015.